Monday, June 1, 2009

back o school

Tonight am am going back to school. I did alright with the online courses this past semester - but now it's time to get back into the familiar. I am jumping into this Summer and taking eleven hours. It's going to be a busy Summer for me.

During my time in life-limbo - I had time to post to my blogs. I've spent entirely too much time on facebook. I created a Downtown Gadsden facebook group after the surgery. I uploaded lots of found images of Etowah County there. I created a group of dad's old orchestra and linked postings I made here at this blog to that group. I linked a bunch of photos to a group called LST 312 for my Uncle Pat. He's been wanting to get on facebook and I think he'll be pleased to find what I started for him there. Yesterday I dropped by Michael and Vicky Bynum's house to drop of a small gift. Mike let me borrow three photos taken at a Christian Brother's Falls Festival event (1980). So there I went again - the eve of my first school day - scanning, uploading, tagging photos to yet another group - Christian Brothers. I know that I can't manage all the groups I've launched. I am not going to try. I'm just throwing it all up and out there and hope that other people take advantage of the forum.


Today life gets back in gear for me. I am pretty much over the hard part - going under the knife and getting over being under the knife. I've got my blood sugar down but my blood pressure is too high today. I don't know why. I don't feel bad. Tonight I'll head over to the school and will be getting oriented for the online Pathology class. Tomorrow night will be orientation and the first night of my Kinesiology II class. I don't look forward to all the work. I am anxious to get on with life. I really do feel like I've been put on hold during my own personal health crisis.

Like before - I won't be singing as much as I'd like. I am trying to line up a night for The Guise (the old Christian Brother's house band) that consisted of Michael Bynum, Brook Finlayson and myself to play at Moon Song Songwriter's Cafe'. There's a few available Friday nights in June that might work out for us. I will miss singing at Grace for now. Massage clinics are on Thursdays evenings and Saturday mornings/afternoons. I look forward to doing massage again. I never thought that I would enjoy giving massages as much as I do.

No comments: