Thursday, May 28, 2009

moonsong is soon

Jose' won't be joining me this Saturday night. He's got some family matters that he needs to tend. I asked Brook a few nights ago if he'd like to join me. He said he'd love to but will have to see how his week plays out. His daughter Liz is still trying to get her house finished before closing. I hope he can.

Sometime I'd like for Brook, Michael and me to play as The Guise at MoonSong. It's been a long time since we've played together and I'd like to do some of our old songs. Maybe one day.

Next week I start back to school. I guess I need to get my behind in gear and register. It's going to be a real busy Summer.

I got my note card printing project in. Gina and I are going to package and sell some of my original artwork in the form of note cards at the upcoming First Friday. I've got some other ideas for prints and will be selling those as well.

Do come out for MoonSong if you have the time.

6 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

Hope you guys had a good time.

David Finlayson said...

We had a very good time. As it turned out there were all kinds of musicians in the audience wanting to play. It was a very eclectic evening. I flew solo for much of the first set and then I invited anyone that wanted to come up and join me. There were lots of takers and I guess that's how last night was supposed to go. You and Denise ought to go sometime and check it out. Oh...and...some time you go there with me and play!

Susan said...

Hi....I was there last night to hear you. I enjoyed it although I couldn't stay the whole time. I live in Anniston and I didn't want to be late getting back. There's nothing like Moon Song in Anniston unless you want to go to a bar and since I don't drink, that's out of the question. You said something about Christian Brothers Coffeehouse. I was invited to come one weekend by a friend who went there alot. His name was Tony Entrekin. I haven't seen him since we graduated from JSU. Well, anyway, I enjoyed the music last night and maybe I'll come back soon to hear more.

David Finlayson said...

I am glad that you made the trip out Susan. I see Tony a good bit - he goes to Vineyard Christian Fellowship which is in the same building that Christian Brothers Coffeehouse used to be located. I just launched a Facebook site for Christian Brothers today. A picture of Tony is in the mix.

Susan said...

I saw the pic of Tony you referred to and, ironically, I have a snapshot if him and me exactly like it that was taken at the end of our missions trip to Louisville, KY. Next time you see him and if you think about it, tell him Susan Hamilton says Hi :-)

David Finlayson said...

Ironically, Tony holds me that very same way.

I'll tell him you said hi.