Saturday, May 16, 2009

friday in words

It was slow at the clinic all week. Gina's had some time to catch up on paperwork as well as accept fill-in work at some local nursing homes. I pretty much stayed at the office and answered the few phone calls that came in each day.

It was a very slow week.

I've been using the down time at the office to work on a print project. I've spent the last few days at our quiet clinic to design colorful note cards to sell. I've got three so far. I'm probably going to work up six to eight for starters. I may only print two designs at a time at very limited quantity. I'm going to test my market first. Gina and I had been thinking of something to sell on First Fridays. I don't know if they will go over or not but we'll see. If they do sell - I'll take the profit from the first batch and increase the order. Right now I am getting all my ducks in a row - getting a bunch of designs ready so I don't have to concern myself when school starts up at the first of June. I want to have plenty of print ready pieces to go so I don't have to give the process much thought.

Friday was a pleasant day. I left the office at 11:00 and got my little ones out of school. I took them down to Pasghetti's to meet up with some family. My sister Jennie is in town and some of the family got together to have lunch with her. Gina closed up the clinic and joined us. Mom and Brook were there as well. Jerry Connell had some time in the afternoon and he joined us. He later followed me over to the clinic. We had several quiet hours to catch up on life. I spoke with him on the phone a few weeks ago but hadn't seen him since last October. It was good seeing him.

Gina was gone for the rest of the work day. She had patients to see at two area facilities. Jerry left to hook up with his wife Adria - then off to Rome to pick up his sons. I sat by the phones and listened to Rush Limbaugh uninterrupted.

Mother had invited me over to her house after I closed shop. She had lots of sandwich fixings for me and the girls and we ate. I spent several hours talking about life, God, and politics with Jennie. It's so rare to have a conversation with her. Actually, a nice conversation with any of my in town siblings is also a rarity.

I was tired yesterday - but not from work. We hardly brought in any revenue but it was so nice to have time to catch up a friend and an out of town sibling. Don (my brother in-law) is in town this weekend too - but I only spoke briefly with him over the phone. Maybe I'll see him sometime today.

No comments: