Friday, March 20, 2009

a nice moment

Gina had a lull in patients today. We've got the whole family at the office because the girls didn't have to go to school today. It must be Martin Luther Forrest day or something. It is a beautiful day here in downtown Gadsden. Gina suggested that we all lock up shop and stroll over to one of the hot-dog street vendors on Broad Street. We usually go to Karen Means, but today we thought we'd try the new guy by the bridge (statue end). We ordered our dogs and walked over to eat them in the shade of the city hall gazebo.

Gina then suggested we walk down Broad and get a small sweet at Chocolates. They didn't have my sugar free turtles, so I passed. Kelsey enjoyed her chocolate lollipop, but Katie didn't care for her chocolate/peanut butter balls. I suggested that we make it right by walking further down the sidewalk and buy her a Reece Cup from Gadsden Variety (formerly Nelson's) Store. I let Kelsey have another treat as well.

The breeze was kind of cool. I enjoyed my children occasionally nuzzling into my side for some warmth and love. I had a little hand in mine each time we needed to cross the street. It was such a pleasant lunch today with my family. It was a great moment.

Gina's with her last patient for the day today. I told her that I would man the phones and let her take off with the kids for the rest of the afternoon. The girls have been real good at the office today - on their off day.

No comments: