Sunday, January 18, 2009

weak end

I started a fire Friday and kept it burning - it's dead now. I enjoyed it so much these past few nights. Jose' thanks for the wood. I pretty much finished with that huge pile. It took me a while. I had some trees cut down this past Summer and have some more wood to split and burn. I am cutting it old school - wedge and hammer. It's good exercise. I have to pace myself because I am kind of light-headed and can't over-do it.

Gina hasn't been with us much this weekend. She left the house yesterday around 9:00 AM and returned home about 11:00PM. She said that she got terribly behind in work since I started going to school. She has to tend to the kid's needs which was something I was doing until I entered the program. Gina said that she got a lot of work done Saturday - got all Java'd up caffeine and went at it. She went down today but not getting as much work done. After church, me and the little ones hooked up with Gina at Subway and then took a stroll downtown together. I know that she could have been working but we needed the family time and the much needed exercise.


Gina isn't going to be caught up this weekend but glad that she got to catch up a little. I am only taking some online courses this time around so I can get my vitals down. I am not right physically and can't handle campus classes and clinics right now. While on the road to wellness I'll be able to be at the office and help her a little more. That's a good thing.

Pray for Gina - she's in great spirits but she's buried in work - work that must be completed before we can get paid. Paperwork-paperwork-paperwork.

One good thing about not having to take campus courses is that I will have the time (make the time) to work out at the campus gym. Being a student I have access to their weight training equipment. I am looking forward to it. I remember feeling so much better when I was working out at Fitness Plus. Pray for me as I try to get my levels back to a normal range.

8 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

you wanna use a chainsaw?

David Finlayson said...

I am afraid if I david finlayson used a chain saw - i'd cut an appendage off.

Some of these logs are mighty big. I was thinking about going down to Lowes and buy me a few more wedges. HUGE I tell you!

RODRIGUEZ said...

let's have a log cutting party then. I'll man the chainsaw.... you're off the hook.

David Finlayson said...

You know I'll take you up on that. I'll make some chilli.

RODRIGUEZ said...

you got it!

David Finlayson said...

I told Gina that I'm going to make a HOT pot this time around. I'll make a regular batch - but going to split the batch and add some fire to one.

RODRIGUEZ said...

sounds good to me....we've been wanting to go through your sheet music.....it'll be nice

David Finlayson said...

let's do it