Tuesday, January 27, 2009

then there were two

Here's an interesting old photo that was very small. I enlarged it and tweaked it a little in PhotoShop. This is my uncle Patillo (Pat) Ainsworth Finlayson and my aunt Jennie Llew Finlayson Guyton. These two are now the only siblings left of my father. Burruss and Jennie Wait Finlayson had seven children. They both now reside in Columbia, S.C.. Pat moved to Columbia a few years after selling his long time home in Macon, GA. They now live in the same retirement community - a short walk and three floors a apart from each other. This brother and sister photo was taken in front of Jennie Llew's apartment at Singley Apartments on Picken's Street in Columbia, SC. Both Guytie and Jennie Llew lived in there for about ten years - prior to building the house on 322 Wateree.


Mother told me that Guytie and Jennie Llew came to Gadsden and stayed with mom and dad for a week. Guytie liked the house on 117 Arcade Street (East Gadsden) so much that he modeled their future home based on the floor plan. Mom and dad moved from Camelot during the time I was born. The little house on Camelot just wasn't big enough for Westbrook and Esther's growing family.

2 comments:

Esther Finlayson said...

The address is 117 Arcade Street,
not Camelot. However, we enjoyed that two bedroom, one bath home with a very large living/dining room as if it were Camelot.

David Finlayson said...

Silly me. I have no idea why I said it was Camelot. I updated the blog with the correct address. Thanks!