Tuesday, December 2, 2008

a good massage

Part of our finals work is to give one last validation massage on an instructor before the semester is over. I got to give mine last night. I was surprised to make a 98. I figured she'd find more wrong with my work. She counted a little off for my body stacking / positioning - but it's an area that I have to work on. Glad I got what I got. She said the massage was real good - that the pressure was good - and that I make it easy for the client to request / speak up when wanting more or less pressure. She said that it's an area that she's still working on in her practice. The biggest compliment was that she could tell that I cared.

I do care. I really do care. That's one thing about massage that you can't hide - it comes out in the session. We are taught that what's inside will work it's way out during massage. I enjoy giving massage and quite honestly - want the client to have a the best massage possible. For her to tell me that meant a great deal. She enjoyed the massage.

Now if she'd only go back and give me an A for that darn case study. :)

Yesterday I had a leisure day. I did a little more work on the house - changing out some light switches that were bad. Figured I could do that without bothering poor Jose'. Bruce at Cooper A-1 should have the parts for the Speed Queen washer by today or tomorrow. The clothes are piling up. We need that machine soon.

I'm going to be doing some studying today for the finals next week. The Anatomy / Physiology test is going to be the big one - but I'm going to have a lot of time to study for it. Thanksgiving break was the break I needed to reset my mind. I'd been running on fumes for the past month. So close to the end of the first semester. I have been told that the next semester won't be as intense...so I am told.

I have been thinking that when I get out of school that I'd like to learn how to play piano. I've tinkered with it down through the years - but would like to get serious about it. I already have a nice simple style - I'd like to take some lessons after I get licensed in massage. One day I'll get me a digital piano. I know I will be writing even more songs once I get some piano learning under my belt. Every time I sit behind that grand at church and tinker - it only makes me want to know more. I've never felt that way about piano. It's an instrument that I know I could play well. We'll see.

3 comments:

Darryl said...

Kris and I may need to come to Alabama just to give you some practice subjects for you massage clinic class!

Hope you get some well-deserved brain rest over the break.

David Finlayson said...

You are welcome anytime.

Massage Schöneberg said...

Massage therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.