Tuesday, December 9, 2008

always a student always in wonder

i am a student
always in wonder
at what i am learning
constantly
learning to see
marvel of the intricacies
constantly
surrounding me
in me
i see things that even scientist
countless great minds
can not see
that your handiwork
oh Lord
is so constantly evident
here my bones are always changing
remodeling
muscles can be sculpted to my need
the miraculous life-force blood is
that the brain like a muscle
must be challenged and used
can grow strong
or fade to weak
it's my own choice
to build up
or tear down
what He has given me
my choice what i do with myself
down to the cellular level
i am indeed fearfully and wonderfully made
the more i learn
the closer i look
i see His design
His fingerprint
on and in
every living thing
and me
it baffles me
that great minds can't see
His marvelous handiwork
as if it all just happened
all the intricacies of this world
this life defined
as one great happenstance
such logic makes no sense
that we are because we are
and that the world and us
just fell into place
evolved out of nothing
without the help
of your Divine hand
i am forever a student
forever in wonder of you

No comments: