Sunday, November 23, 2008

vw outing

I ran across this VW ad on YouTube this evening. I instantly recognized the music bed as that of Ennio Morreconi (Spaghetti Western fame).

I had a little time today and took Katie out for a spin in my bug. I haven't enjoyed a car as much since my old Renault LeCar "Black Beauty". We drove from Southside up Noccalula Mountain to pay Dan and Florrie Noojin a visit. Spending a little time at their place reminded me of all the countless Sunday evenings I'd hang out with them back in the eighties.

It really is something how I don't see much of my family. Some how I thought that when Gina and I moved back to Alabama from Kentucky (12 years ago), we'd see family more...not so.

2 comments:

Darryl said...

I still picture you driving the "baked potato" Volvo SW from your days in Bowling Green . . .

When are you going to find one of those to restore?!?!

David Finlayson said...

I would love to have another "Spud-mobile". You remembered!!!! I gave that old Volvo stationwagon that name because of the color. It was the color of a peeled potato that had been left out on the table for a few days. It would be nice to have another Volvo stationwagon - they were built like tanks. I would not however want to have to restore one. The reason I gave up on that old '78 was because parts got next to impossible to find. At the time Gina and I owned a BMW too. What surprized me was how little that Volvo cost to repair and how MUCH that Beemer cost$$$$$! Yes, I would like a newer (used) Volvo stationwagon. They are great cars - only this time I would like to have it with an A/C.