Friday, November 28, 2008

the next day

Gina left early this morning to do the Christmas shopping thing. I mean very early. I asked her later in the day if she got any good deals because of it. She said no. She did however feel very confident that she got most of the kids Christmas under her belt.

My Speed Queen washing machine flooded my basement this week. Not bad mind you - just an annoyance. I took the machine back to Cooper A-1, which is where I bought it a few years ago. The Speed Queen was a refurb that I got at a good price two years ago. I was thinking about trading it in for another machine but all they had were Kenmore brand. I don't mind Kenmore - but I really liked that commercial grade SQ. I ended up leaving the machine with them to fix - seeing how it would cost about the same to fix (maybe less) than it would to purchase a Kenmore refurb. The Speed Queen has a big basin and not a lick of trouble until a few days ago. I'm opting to have it repaired. It might need new seals, a pump, or both. We'll see.
I let the Speed Queen dryer go about six months ago. I opted to buy a refurb Maytag. I did right on that choice. The Maytag seems to be a better machine. If anyone out there needs to purchase appliances - I recommend Cooper A-1 in Attalla. It's been a long time since I've purchased a new appliance. I've had better luck with buying older refurbs that something brand new. Do you remember the day when you bought an appliance that lasted decades? I do. It's just not that way anymore.

While out, I took Katie and Kelsey out to eat and then over to the office to get some work done that I've been needed to get done. Tonight I'm going to take a few online tests. It's been a productive day. It's been a good week.

No comments: