Sunday, November 16, 2008

my weekend

Saturday morning was busy. I loaded the Caravan for the girls Gatlingburg venture. I then made my way to GSCC for massage clinic. I had a very fast and busy day - 6 massages with a few minutes of break in between. Though we have 30 minutes between each massage - much of that time is taken up with cleaning up our area, finishing up client S.O.A.P notes, as well as pulling the next clients documentation. We all closed up after clean up a little after 6:00pm. I had not eaten all day and so that's what I was going to do. I changed out of my uniform at the office and called to see where Gina was in her day. Poor girls, the traffic was so bad going through Chattanooga that it took them 10 hours to get to the chalet. They were just pulling into the drive-way when I got there. Though the trip took forever, Gina said they were all in good spirits - Katie and Kelsey took the long trek in stride. They were all happy to get there and were all marveling how big and nice the place was. We ended our conversation during their walk-through.

I opted not to go to the movie last night. I ended up going to Blockbuster instead. I came home to find my order from J.C. Whitney in. I pulled the VW in and tried my hand at putting in a new interior light and horn - but I quit before I made a mess of things. I wish that I were more handy with cars. I haven't been driving the car as much because of the broken seat. Silly me - I can't seem to get a bolt back in place. Still just as frustrating as it was the other day. I decided to sand and paint over the rust on the wheels. I've had some black paint on the shelf that I was wanting to use. I went out around noon, while it was warmer outside, and did the job. It looks so good that I was tempted not to put the hub caps back on. I will - as soon as the paint dries good. I also put some visors on the headlamps. The car looks different now. I like this new look. I don't know what Mrs. Hale will say about The Yellow Betty. I think she will like what I'm doing to it. I've got a new dash cover on order. The cover is to be glued over the old cracked one. I normally don't pay that much attention to an automobile - but this little car is special. I want my mom in-law to know that I am caring for her little pride-n-joy by not only keeping it going - but fix it up the best I can. Gina told me weeks ago that the little car has a new life with us. It's odd to think that this little car has been in Gina's life since she was ten years old - that her mom let her drive herself to school in it at the the age of thirteen!!!


After painting the wheels, I loaded my old Nishiki Mountain bike into the van and hauled it up to my sister Irene's house. I had offered my nephew Wes a job of trying to bring it back to life. Being in storage for 10 years hasn't been good for it. I used to ride that bike everywhere back in the late eighties. When Gina got married - I bought her a bike and we have many fond memories of cycling, picnics, and tennis outings with our mountain bikes. It will be nice to have the bike again. I will be riding it once I'm out of school and back to running documents to and from physician's offices.

I drove Irene down to the 4:00p.m. service to here Todd Bagley. I then drove over to wish Denise Rodriguez a happy birthday. I sat down with Jose' and Denise for a while. I don't get to visit often. Jose' had given Denise a 35mm Pentax camera with a zoom lens. I love old school stuff. Though digital cameras may be more convenient - there is nothing like shooting with a 35mm. After leaving - I came back home and threw some more wood on the embers. The house is cold. I haven't bothered to keep the heater going here. I've decided to just keep the downstairs fireplace working until the girls come back.

I have a test tomorrow night in Lab - as well as a case study presentation. Tuesday in A&P - I will have to make sure that I have read the chapter before hand. Wednesday is another Kinesiology test. I am not prepared for either night - but what I had left of the weekend after Clinic - I wanted for myself. It was good to do a little clean up in the garage, run errands, do VW stuff, and see friends. I also enjoyed sleeping late today. I will study tomorrow - but I plan on sleeping late again tomorrow as well.

No comments: