Saturday, November 22, 2008

made it!

I made it through my clinic. I had 45 hours to complete before the end of the semester. I finished up my last day today. I had two people back out - but Gina came to the rescue and let me give her a two hour massage to finish the last six hours needed. I am so very tired and sore. I didn't know how sore I was until driving home tonight. Every muscle in my body hurts - my feet are killing me.

On the way home - I drove by Tommy Puckett's house for his 50th surprise party. It was a good time. I was on - fueled on vapors. The house was crowded and loud. The food was delicious. Gina and the girls were there - Katie got sick - and Gina slipped out before I did. Tommy's life is full. I am very happy for him. He is a good man - he is Godly man.

I made it home and wish that I had a big tub to soak in. I don't. I have a fifty year old but doesn't allow me the kind of soaking I wish I could do. Remember when you were a kid and you could sit in a bathtub and have plenty of room for all your toys? I had a lot of toys when I was a kid. I could fill up a bathtub with lots of toys and still have room to soak. Boy - I need a big bath tub tonight. I am really hurting. I guess a Tylenol PM will have to suffice.

I don't know if I am going to make it to church tomorrow. Tomorrow is the only free day that we as a family will be able to put the Christmas tree up. I know it's too early - but I listened to Gina yesterday describe her calendar - and we've got to do the tree thing tomorrow. I don't mean to be a humbug - but it's going to be one of those things that I'm going to paint a smile on and just do it - for the kid's sake.

Gina and I made time to have a little date night last night. We went and saw the new 007 movie - Quantum of Solace. I like Daniel Craig as James Bond. I saw him years ago for the first time in a violent flick called Layer Cake. Daniel Craig reminds me of Steve McQueen. Seriously. Daniel has a lot of McQueen's qualities, has the same kind of rugged coolness and camera presence than that of Steve. Daniel adds a gritty feel to the James Bond franchise. In Quantum - he sports a tux but bloodies it quickly. By the end of the movie he's dirty and cut up like he's been in combat. I like this Bond.

Friday was a breeze. I needed the breeze. I got to see my kids a little - take my girl friend on a date - hold her hand and sneak a kiss here and there. I love her like I did years ago - even more. I love her - I am blessed to live beneath a roof filled with all this love - these halls filled with sounds of my little girls laughter, giggling, little feet running. I am blessed.

So tomorrow we direct our attention to the boxes beneath the stairs. All those boxes filled with ornaments, bells, holiday dishes, and Santas of different sizes. I am tired - I'd rather nap - but it's for the children. God bless you all - may you have a very special holiday season with family and friends.

No comments: