Monday, November 17, 2008

interesting morning

I had a bug doctor recommended to me this weekend. I drove out to Glencoe to see if a fellow named Eddie Floyd @ Floyd VW could help me fix my broken seat in the Super Beetle. I was fortunate that he took it right in and wrestled the bolt into place. Not only did he fix the bolt - but he tightened all the other seat bolts, and fixed my trunk latch so I don't need the bungie any more. I haven't been driving the car as much these past few weeks because of the bolt problem.

Eddie was a really interesting fellow to talk to. Not only does he work on VW's, Porches, and Mercedes, but he designs swords as well. He's designed all the swords in the Kull the Conqueror (1997 Kevin Sorbo movie). He's got a site featuring his work as well as his swordplay classes. He's done reproduction and restoration work for museums, Yes, he's teaching a class locally. He is very passionate about his craft and teaches the historic aspect to this mode of combat. How cool is that? You can find out more about Eddie Floyd at
http://www.swordplayalliance.com/credits.php.

It's amazing what a little paint will do. I popped the hub caps on this morning before taking and that black paint on the wheels really did make a difference on the over all look of the car. I was just trying to cover over the rust - but wow. I am waiting on the dash cover. The dash I am covering has three unsightly splits. The cover will give the bug a much needed (and inexpensive) look. I am still looking out for some rubber matting for the rear compartment area. I've had some fun working on the bug this weekend. The school week has started and I will take my hands of the tricking out the bug so I can get back to studying.

No comments: