Wednesday, November 26, 2008

i needed it

I've been enjoying this off time - I really needed it. I've had the fire going downstairs since Sunday morning- letting it die down today so I can clear out the ashes and start again. Split wood yesterday, fixed a toilet - tried to fix the garage door (couldn't). It hasn't been a busy week - but nice to get to things that have needed attention.

It's great spending so much time with Katie and Kelsey. They've been helping me along the way. We just got back from the Southside High School track. We walked a lap together and then went by Taco Bell for lunch. I am really enjoying actually having time with them. Gina's getting off work a little early today. She's going to take Katie to a matinee. Katie doesn't know about it - thought we'd surprise her. I'll spend time with Kelsey while they are off.

I'm going upstairs in a few minutes to make pumpkin pies for the family Thanksgiving get-togethers. Both sides of the family are getting together at the same time this year - don't know how I'm going to be two places at once. I sure wish NASA and hurry up and figure out that transporter thingamajig. Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving with family.

No comments: