Tuesday, November 18, 2008

holidays in my headlights

Thanksgiving holiday is next week. I don't have to go to school next week. Hurray! You might not notice it - but I've been in a mood since last night. The instructor decided not to give anyone in the class an A for some silly reason. Something to the effect that we don't need to have high expectations for an A when it comes to next semester's case study. Irrational rationale - higher learning my ***. I am ready for the week away from that place.

I've got a test tomorrow night. I've got until then to cram. I hate memorization. The Kinesiology teacher is cool - and I like my classmates. I hate memorization. There is a definite difference between memorization and learning. I realize I have a tendency to go blank on a test when I've tried to memorize stuff. I know that learning all the muscles will come in time. For now I have to get the info in my head long enough to do a decent job on each test as they come (now weekly).

Thursday and Saturday I have Clinic. I've acquired much of my clinic hours. I don't get credit for anything over the required 45 hours. At present I don't want to work any more than the course requires. I want to be home with family instead. I really need next week off. I am hoping that the holiday time will take the edge off. I am burning out I tell you. That case study was my last straw.

Home for the holidays!

I look forward to being around Gina, Katie, and Kelsey more than thirty minutes at a time. I look forward to going on a date with Gina. I look forward to Thanksgiving Day at Brook & Jennifer's home. The past few years we've enjoyed gathers of good food and a big family jam sessions. I never have enough time to catch up with every one's lives. We'll all touch base and look forward to the next big gathering come Christmas. Usually the Finlayson Family Christmas gathering is held here at our home but I can't prep the house and do what I usually do due to school. Gina said that she didn't want me working and prepping on what limited time I have off.

The holidays are fast approaching. I look forward to seeing family.

2 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

David, thanks for coming by on Sunday and remembering my birthday. It meant a lot to Jose' and me. Most adults will say their birthday is just another day for them, but I still have a sense of childish enthusiasm about it. Enjoy your holiday time! Maybe we can get together with y'all. Tell Gina and girls hello for us. Love, kdr

David Finlayson said...

I would love having you guys over - cooking for you - general hanging. I feel the same way about birthdays. I am such a kid - that I like birthdays to stretch out the course of an entire week. That started when Gina and I were newly married and living in Bowling Green.