Friday, November 14, 2008

happy birthday kelsey

I can't believe that Kelsey is turning 6 today - in a wink of an eye. She's a brilliant little creature who loves to sing and draw. I know that she will grow up and out-shine any song or graphic I've ever created. She is a little wonder. She's also very imaginative. She can play by herself for hours - her imagination running wild. She plays with every toy that she owns - cars, trains, dolls, stuffed animals - everything. But give her a piece of paper, a stapler and a roll of tape - and she's the happiest. I love her.

Gina and I have been so busy with work and school that we simply don't have time to do a party right. Tonight we are going to do the McDonald's thing. Kelsey like any kid, loves McDonalds, as well as the big indoor play area - the thing that looks like a big gerbil cage. I'm picking up a sheet cake from Walmart after I pick up the girls today. I don't know how many kids are showing up because Gina said only one parent RSVP'd. We'll give her a good time what ever.

I've got clinic all day tomorrow. Gina and the girls have been offered a free stay up in Gatlinburg. Gina hasn't had much of a break this year with work. We didn't get a vacation - so it's nice that she's going to get away for a bit. Her patient load has dropped which will allow her some time to enjoy some free time with the girls. She's going to keep Katie and Kelsey out of school Monday and Tuesday. The extra few days should give them some time to enjoy the chalet.

I've been waiting on a few parts for my SuperBeetle. I hope they come in so I can install them. I am having a problem with the driver's seat that I can't seem to fix. A bolt fell out of one side and I can't get it back in. This particular bolt keeps the medial side of the seat-back attached to the seat-bottom. It keeps slipping off while I'm driving and is quite uncomfortable. My VW mechanic recently broke his foot and won't be back in his shop for a while. It is frustrating to have the bolt in hand - and see the bolt hole in the seat-bottom and not be able to get in re-attached.

I had clinic last night (Thursday) from 4 - 10. I enjoy giving massages. I had no idea going into the program that I would enjoy massage as much as I do - it was after all a business decision going in. Massage is a very rewarding experience for me. Misty, one of my clinic instructors, mentioned that we've reached our half way mark for this semester's clinic. We have to acquire so much hands-on clinic time before semester's end. We'll be off for Thanksgiving and finish up by Christmas. I look forward to the two week break between semesters. I am tired of not seeing my family. I am tired of constantly having a test to study for on the horizon. All is necessary I know - but I am tired of it nevertheless. I am a husband and father and naturally - I miss my family. I will not see them this weekend when I get out of clinic Saturday - but I know that they will be having a great time together. Lord give them traveling mercy - keep the van running - and keep them safe. Let them have a good time and ease Gina's back pain so she can enjoy her time.

No comments: