Monday, November 3, 2008

artistic license to kill

Brook asked me yesterday at church if I still carried my Artistic License on me. I still have it, but haven't carried it on my person for quite some time. I have aged quite a bit since that original photo was taken - since I fabricated the license. Next chance I get, I'm going to recreate this license with a newer photo.

I had on several occasions actually presented my Artistic License to authorities from time to time. I clearly remember being pulled over in East Gadsden (Rainbow Drive) many years ago. It was night and the policeman had asked me to show him my license. Instead of pulling out my Driver's License - I handed him my Artistic License instead. He stood there silent for a while as he read the text on the illegitamate document. I started getting a little nervous because he stood there silently reviewing it in the light of his flashlight. He eventually looked up at me with a dead-pan-unfunny-police-kind-of-expression and then called for his partner to come up and have a look at the document. His partner came up and read it. They both looked at each other and smiled. My homemade license got me off scot-free from the sin of my moving violation.

Being an artist needs to pay off every once and a while.

No comments: