Saturday, September 13, 2008

We are the Ones (Barack Obama song)

behold the messiah
the manchild
who will come and change the climate
stop global warming
save the polar bears
with a wave of his hand
prince of peace
end all wars
save us from ourselves
he will end racial divide
bring us a world without fear
a world without hate
a world without -fill in blank here -
change everything
with a touch of his merciful hand
with a mere glance
change the this country
change this world
with a word
obama
obama
change is coming
obama
obama
hope is coming
obama
obama
believe in him
obama
obama

oh brother!

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

Age has made me cynical.
I see "THE SAME THING" in a new package.
I see a man who says he is the hope but behind him are the same tired ol' boy's pulling the strings and making the deals.
I too would love to see a return to America that I grew up with.
Ain't going to happen.
I guess I want to believe....
But I'm tired and cynical.
It is no longer about Government of the people, by the people and for the people. The people are merely a means to the end of whatever their agenda is.
Say what the people want to hear.
Give peace a chance.
End the war.
Feed me Seymour....
I grow weary of the propects of what the country will be like for my Grandson, Tyler and Granddaughter, Ashley.
mb

David Finlayson said...

I have to put my kid's future in God's hands...not man's hands.