Monday, September 1, 2008

September 1

Gina and I were married this day eighteen years ago. We had today to celebrate thanks to Mrs. Hale (my mom in-law). Gina and I drove down to B'ham to have lunch at Macaroni Grill. We walked around The Summit and for a while and then caught a movie. We had a hard time deciding because there really wasn't much of interest on. We then drove over to Cheesecake Factory for desert. I'd never been so it was a treat.

I know it doesn't sound spectacular - but it was. I spent a whole day with my girl. I guess absence from the preceding week our hearts fonder because I enjoyed every minute of the day with her. Gina has been working morning to evening at the office and I have spent three out of five evenings of the week at school or studying for school. This new school schedule leaves us without each other for the better part of the week.

School is going alright. I am enjoying the classes and the teachers. So much of this stuff is way over my head and I am having to constantly keep kicking to keep my head above these waters. Kinesiology is tomorrow night. I've spent most of my available time reading over chapters, PowerPoint's, and notes. Gina has been kind enough to drill me on what I've learned. Wednesday night is Anatomy and Physiology. EGAD! Again, I am enjoying the class but I am currently experiencing a Tsunami of terms and concepts that are overwhelming. I am reading the material and will endeavor to tread water.

I'll be leading worship next Sunday at an Anglican fellowship down in B'ham next weekend. I've decided to not book any more out of town ventures until I finish up schooling. Study time and family time are precious. Gina will be working all day next Saturday to make up for taking off today. Her lymphedema patients need their five days a week. She's going to be wanting to sleep late Sunday.

The week looks pretty full for both of us, living and working on what seems different sides of the world. Gina helps get the kids dressed and on the buss and she sees them for a little while before putting them in bed. I see the girls when I pick them up from school and a little at the office. I leave the office for school and every one's in bed by the time I return home. I don't particularly care for the limited family time but will do what is needed to get through this season of our lives.

Today - today was a great day. I got to be with Gina. I was fueled for the week to come. We talked about our week, she helped me with some of my studies, we took a long walks, dined together, and held hands like young lovers do. Things are kind of crazy as of late - but I have her right here by my side and she's got me. To sum things up - life is hard - yet I am blessed.

3 comments:

Darryl said...

Glad you guys had an enjoyable anniversary, david.

peace . . .

David Finlayson said...

twas it twas

RODRIGUEZ said...

Congradulations! ...Life is full of celebrations...