Thursday, September 25, 2008

meager post

Yesterday I took the old popcorn popper that was once at Christian Brother's Skylight coffeehouse and took it to the Diabetic Summit that was held at Convention Hall. We had been asked to provide popcorn for the participants from 7:30 to 4:00. I also had class yesterday - so it was a full day. I was so tired last night that I left the popper out in the van when I came back from school. The kettle is so nicely seasoned that the popcorn is really tasty. I can't tell you how many bags of popcorn we gave away yesterday. I have earned the moniker of Popcorn Man at the area health fairs. For the past two years Gina and I try to secure a table at the fairs, educate folks concerning OT and lymphedema, give out promotional items and a bag of popcorn. It was such a long day yesterday with the summit and school that Gina and I have pretty much decided to back off on attending health fairs until the massage program is behind me.

Occasionally, when family and friends are going to meet up at the drive-in, I'll pop up big batch and carry the popcorn up in a Hefty trash bag. It's also handy to have around for parties and family get togethers.

I went to Kinesiology & Palp class last night. We've got a test next Wednesday night - 19 discussion questions and identify bunches of bones. Keep me in your prayers. I've got a lot to learn between now and then. Clinic for our class has been pushed back a couple of weeks. When that happens, I'll be at school Thursday night and much of the day Saturdays until I graduate next May.

I took the time to wash my Mazda van and Superbeetle. I took the beetle to pick up the girls at school. They were surprised. I took the long scenic ride home from school and the girls enjoyed it as much as I did. That little car is so much fun to drive. The weather is perfect for tooling around. I took the car to an auto parts place today and a guy there offered to buy it from me - no way. The car was a little slow to start at first. I really need to make sure that I drive it around a little each week.

Tonight we are having left over spaghetti that I made Monday night. It's pretty good stuff - based on the recipe my dad used to make. I don't go by a recipe though - I just through in the ingredients. Gina requested that I run by the store and pick up some lettuce and Texas Toast to go with it. It's almost six and she's still not here. I guess I need to get upstairs to the kitchen and get the oven warmed up.

No comments: