Thursday, September 18, 2008

i had a dream

Last night I had a dream that is prophetic. I can hardly believe it but knew while the dream was playing out that it was a Word. In this dream I was walking down a wooded path. God was talking to me, He told me there was a black man who had been using God's name for his own financial and political purposes. He told me that this black man had recently lost all credibility with his own people and was in seclusion. As I was walking and pondering this - I saw an old car (1970's model car - Chevrolet?) parked along the path. The path I had been walking down was like an old logging road. It was possible that a car could get there. As I approached the old vehicle- I knew that the black man sitting in it was the man God was talking to me about. The door was open and the man was sitting in the car with his feet on the ground. I walked up to the car and the man looked up. In the dream I recognized him.  He stood up and he shook my hand. He appeared to be in his forties, bald, and had a genuine repentant look on his face. He had a tear running down his cheek. He said he was sorry by what he had done. I could tell by his face that he was genuinely repentant. I didn't know what to say but just smiled.

In this dream I knew that God was going to use this changed man for his purpose. God was going to use this man for a change - His change.  I know the man is a high profile black man. In the dream I knew that this man had said or done something that had caused him to lose face with his own people.

In this dream a black man is redeemed and turns his heart to his Lord. Perhaps this man becomes a real man of God - bringing a real message to his people - opposite of everything he's preached before.  Perhaps he'll bring a message to all people - all races.

When I awoke from this dream - I immediately thought of what God did to Saul. We all know that Saul had that blinding vision on the Road to Damascus. He became a new man with a new name who gloried God until his life was ended in martyrdom. So I relay this word knowing what a race baiting pimps the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Barrack Obama are. These men have been using the the name of God for their own political purposes. Also let me state that this dream isn't about politics - but rather about The Kingdom. Blacks have been pursuing reparations when they should have been forgiving those who trespassed against them. I believe for the most part, blacks have been on the wrong road. God has a better and higher road for them.


Have you ever been sinned against? One of the quirky things about being sinned against is that you don't get complete healing until you forgive the one who sinned against you. It seems so unjust to be the one wronged and having to turn around and eat the crow that you know in your heart - the culprit should be eating. But you see - wounds stay open and get infected unless you close the wound and let it heel. Hate festers when we don't let go. We become twisted and should forgive if not for our own over all well being. Generally speaking - the blacks in our country's history were sinned against. They have been freed and have liberty but for some reason - still feel as if they are owed something - or owed more - after all these decades. They have genuine wounds - but wounds they have been picking at, and allowing to fester. They never let healing take it's course. When does the healing take place? The healing begins when black people who harbor their hate (who justify their racism) come to a place and forgive their white brothers. We all know (no matter what color, sex, or creed) how hard it is as a victim to forgive.

I don't know really what the above paragraph has to do with the dream. The thoughts have been lingering for quite some time. I put the two together because they seem to fit. You may accept or reject any part of it. I woke up having a hard time believing it. It is the kind of thing God would and can do with the worst of folk. So to put it in a nutshell - there is a fallen black leader out there who is now in his cave (or heading there)- someone that God is going to raise up and bring forth with a new message - a new work - real change.

3 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

Wow!
mb

RODRIGUEZ said...

What a dream! God's transformations in our lives are truly awe inspiring. I love it when he does these things. I've also noticed the lack of racial healing, in our area; in our nation...maybe you've got something there with the victim forgiveness thing...Lord, show us how to pray...

KDR

David Finlayson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.