Monday, September 8, 2008

hard weekend

Because Gina took Labor Day (our anniversary) off, she had to make up for it this past Saturday. She needed me to prep the therapy room each time between patients. It was a quiet day without the phone ringing but very busy. We didn't leave the office until 7:00 p.m.. What a day!Grandmother Hale was kind enough to take care of the girls Saturday - so they could run and play instead of being trapped in the office. We ate, did a WalMart run and then went home to collapse by 9:30. Uggh!

Katie and I woke up early Sunday morning and drove down to Coventry Anglican in Alabaster where I lead worship. It's always good seeing Russell Worrell again. I also enjoyed the service and the fellowship there. The Bishop, Kevin (I can't recall his last name) joined me on keyboards and did a great job - seeing how he didn't have sheet music. I enjoyed playing with him. They really are in need of a worship leader there - asked if I would take on the job. I simply can't. Work and school has pretty much all of my time nailed to the wall. I left after the small fellowship had lunch and I returned home around 2:30. I was so beat after the venture. I put in a little study Sunday evening. As much as I enjoy leading worship among the Anglicans - I can't commit to out of town sessions while I'm schooling.

I am not used to my yard after the tree surgeon did his thing last week. We had a huge tree removed from behind our house. It was the tree that shaded my back patio. We no longer have that wonderful shade - then again - we no longer have huge tree limbs hanging over our house - bombarding our roof with nuts. We almost all of our trees pruned or thinned in front and back of our house. It cost a pretty penny and Gina and I feel our environment is safer for our family.

I am afraid our pool area will be too expensive to ever restore. It's basically a huge gated ditch. I continue to keep the water drained from the vast ugly hole. Maybe one of these days we'll have the money to enjoy the area again. Another pooless Summer has passed. With all the taxes we've had to pay out for this business - I don't see fixing it anytime in the near future. I have been tempted to sell the ironwork fence to my sister in-law and fill in the hole. She's asked about it. Gina doesn't want it to happen. She loves the pool thing. Who knows?

No comments: