Saturday, August 16, 2008

surprized by joy

today
a pre-birthday celebration
of my 50th coming on the 19th
born in August of 1958
the day was filled with family
and friends
all loved ones
every one
a feast, hugs, laughter
and conversations
catching up on every one's present
sometime looking back at where we came from
i am blessed
enjoyed every moment of the day
enjoyed seeing you all
appreciated the wishes
i am home finally
and kind of wishing the day didn't roll by
as quickly as it did
kind of wishing i had a little more time with you
but that's life
isn't it
burning bright and fast
like birthday candles
on a birthday cake
i was a little taken back
lost in the glow
glad to be loved
grateful to have you all in my life
thanks for the wishes
thanks for the love
it was you
that made the years getting here
so much richer

4 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

Happy Birthday David.....you've been an awesome friend over the years.....a true brother! I've been blessed to know you.

Greene Street Letters said...

David...
Gina invited me to your birthday sware' last Sunday when I was at the Vineyard and I wanted to come.
I thought that I could work it out to at least make an appearance, since we have church on Saturday.
But things were crazy at Rapha so I was tied up.
I trust you had a great b'day and that you realize just how much you are loved and appreciated.
Happy B.D....
mb.

Darryl said...

D.F.

Happy Birthday! Even though the calendar says otherwise, you'll always be a big kid . . .

db

David Finlayson said...

Thanks guys!

-df