Thursday, August 21, 2008

gscc or bust

I had orientation for the Gadsden State Community College Massage Program. I got to actually put some faces to the unseen folks who I've been communicating with online and over the phone throughout the past Summer. The classes will be challenging but I already like the teachers and the overall atmosphere. Gina and I are trying to figure out how life will be now that I'm a night student Dad. Gina has such busy days with the clinic as it is and will be taking on more responsibility with the girls. I came in from my first night of the second semester and everyone was in bed asleep. I guess I'll need to get used to that.

It's been a wild week with the tsunami of change coming with school. Katie likes the bus ride and now doesn't mind the idea of being picked up in the morning. She gets to spend time with some of her friends who are bus riders as well. Kelsey loves kindergarten - she jumps out of the car and makes a b-line for the front door. Gina and I are glad we kept her with us at the office last year. She never was in the way and always kept herself busy. We are glad we had all that time with her and now miss her during the day. I am glad that she loves going to school. God bless my sweet daughters.
I remember riding the bus to and from R.A. Mitchell. I remember being a wee tot and accidentally got on the wrong bus one day after school. The neighborhoods we passed were strange and all the kids eventually exited the old green city bus. The driver never stopped in front of my home sweet home. I was eventually the only fare sitting in the back. I remember the gruff looking bus driver eyeing me from the wide rear-view mirror. I was scared because I had no idea where buses went after making all their stops. I could imagine a huge dark hanger like complex full of empty buses...empty except for one lone Finlayson sole.

Gina let me stay home this morning. For some reason after coming home from orientation, my right foot gave out on me. It was a good thing I was heading for bed. The pain had moved up to my ankle when I awoke this morning. Gina told me to stay off it. I had to come to the office a little this afternoon after picking up the girls. While at the downtown post office my knee (same leg) started hurting. I am a sad looking puppy today. I don't know why pain is traveling up my leg. Maybe it'll go away by tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Greene Street Letters said...

God bless you D.F.
You are a good man.
Your wife is a wonderful woman.
I do love your family..
mb