Monday, August 4, 2008

darth cabinet

Sunday I put a coat of primer on the downstairs windows that Jose' trimmed out last Friday. Gina lit up when she saw it at that stage. It really is looking more like a home downstairs. She's been wanting it to look more like a home for a very long time. Me too. There's a little more trim caulking and painting to do - but I'm a little too messy with a caulk gun. I'm going to hire that work out to a professional who knows how to do the finishing touches right. I did take today off to work on the windows. I did some caulking and hole filling before putting on the first coat of paint. One more coat to go and the windows will be behind me. It's 10:00 p.m. and I am tempted to finish it up tonight. I've got a busy morning tomorrow so I'll leave it for tomorrow evening.

Jose' drove up after a long day behind him. He helped me put casters on the unit he painted Friday. He also took the time to shave/sand the doors down so they would close right. After a little sanding and adjusting - Jose' sprayed the final coat of paint on the unit. The cabinet is very large. Jose' said it looks like Darth Vader's cabinet. I've decided to name it Darth Cabinet. It really looks great. Jose' said he'll come back in a few days (after the paint dries good) and help me get it inside the house. It's huge I tell you!

The unit was originally built as an entertainment cabinet by Don Rakestraw and his dad for Robby & Irene Elrod almost thirty years ago. The Elrods had it for years and eventually gave it to me after they purchased a new entertainment unit for their home. It's a very nice, well made piece of furniture. It's been in my garage for several years, waiting for it's rebirth and prominent place in my finished office. I think Don, Robby, and Irene will be surprised to see how the old cabinet looks these days. I am very please to have it.

1 comment:

Darryl said...

Now all you need is a Yoda footstool and you'll be set!