Monday, August 18, 2008

1199

It's been a very busy day today. I've been in my sauna-mobile most of the day. I sure could use a nice cold shower and drop off to sleep for a few hours.

Gina's letting me take my birthday off tomorrow. That's nice. Tuesday night I'm going to try to get someone to watch the kids while Gina and I use that Red Lobster card that Tommy and Prissy gave me. That's nice too.

A strange thing happened a few minutes ago. Gina and I were working up a deposit. I was entering the names, check number, and amounts into Quickbooks when I thought I made a mistake. I thought that I had entered a wrong check number,1199, for a client's payment. How did I do that? I looked at the check number of the previous check and it's number was 1199 too! Both checks were patient payments and came in the mail today. They were the only patient payments that I picked up today. What are the odds that they both had the same number?

Another funny thing about the checks. They were the same check design - no flowers or kittens mind you - just plain grey with a thin black line as a border. Strange little moment nevertheless.

My cherry banker's chair is on the floor at home. They sent me a cylinder to replace the faulty piece that came with it. I called the manufacturer and the guy instructed me to hit the bottom of the bottom faceplate with a very large hammer. Of course the faceplate got all beat to hell but I discovered the wooden seat bottom had been damaged in the process. After contacting the company again, the fellow said that he would send me any parts that I needed to repair the chair. He called me Friday and said that there were no parts in stock and that the chair was made in China. Guess what - the factory is closed due to the Olympics! Last Saturday night Paul Smith told me that the reason for this is because of the smog problem over there. Just another reason to not like the Olympics. I WANT MY CHAIR!!!!

1 comment:

Greene Street Letters said...

Maybe you should take you complaint to a higher authority...
Someone like....

CHAIR-MAN MAO!
Bwahhhhhhh. now that was funny, I don't care what anyone says...
mb