Thursday, July 17, 2008

stranded @ home

Kelsey and I are home today. My Mazda MVP is back in the shop. I had just picked it up from Baker Tire Company with a new master cylinder installed. A mechanic had called me earlier in the day with concerns about a part that he had to remove in order to get the the master cylinder. When they called back with news that the van was ready - I asked if the car was running. The guy said sure - come and get it. What about the part that the mechanic was concerned about? We duct taped it - it works great!

I picked the van up at closing time and then picked up the girls. I made my way down Rainbow Drive and my care began to not accelerate. I pulled off the road and phoned AAA for a tow. Stranded again! I don't know what they did at Baker but it smoked and smelled something awful. We duct tapped it - it works great my arse!

Today I was going to be home anyway. I've got the Dish Network tech guy coming over to fix a box that's been out for over a month. They were wanting to charge me for the visit but changed their mind when I politely said that I wanted to cancel my service. They were kind enough to offer sending a repairman out if I would reconsider. Of course I would.

The Bellsouth Tech guy is coming out sometime today too. He's going to find where disconnect in my basement that keeps me from having my phone and DSL service downstairs. I can't wait to get my computer back into my office.

So today is the day to fix things. I am also going to do some house-cleaning while stranded. We spend so much time at the office that the house doesn't get the attention it needs.

Oh - don't forget that Aroma Friday is this Friday at the Coffee Vine Cafe'. Shane Sanford will have his worship team from Mercy Hill there. They are really sweet people and quite good. Try to make it - and if you can't - cover us in prayer.

3 comments:

David Finlayson said...

The day is almost behind me. I haven't heard about my car but I got the repairmen in and out.

My Dish is working upstairs. I was told that a bolt of lighting took hit one of the elements in my dish and took out half of my service. The problem is officially fixed.

The man from AT&T came by and connected my phoneline downstairs with the rest of the service. I am now officially back in my office/studio as of today. I've been working off the dining room table for too long!

RODRIGUEZ said...

YEAH!!!!! Time to get moved into your office.......how exciting! Way to go!

David Finlayson said...

Thanks Jose'! Thank you for all your help in getting me here. I have always wanted studio space like this and it could not have been possible without you.

I sat up late last night in my office, at my desk studying Massage History and Marketing Massage (online classes) and it was great. It's great having this space again and it looks great thanks to you.