Friday, July 25, 2008

another Friday

It's another Friday and the weekend already looks busy. I'll be setting up the popcorn machine at a kids health fair tomorrow at the Florence Boy's & Girls Club in East Gadsden. We'll be giving away popcorn, pencils, and coloring pages. I'm just glad it will be inside. I'd love to go to the drive-in tonight but afraid I'd be too tired and irritable to be hanging around so many kids in the morning. Children need to be around happy David.

I am almost finished with my first semester of Therapuetic Massage at Gadsden State. I started by taking just their on-line courses and glad I did. I started off slow by making a few stupid mistakes but have aced everything since that first week. I get my assignments on Wednesday and try to have everything behind me by Thursday. I've enjoyed taking the on-line courses and looking forward to learning some hands-on therapy. I am not looking forward the Anatomy or the Kinesiology Classes coming this Fall. I do know that if I can get past those two classes - the rest of the year should be a breeze.

I've had a lot of brake trouble the past few weeks with the Mazda MPV. I had the rear brakes replaced about two weeks ago and the had the master cylinder replaced last week. I've had to go back and forth multiple times to keep getting it adjusted. It's not fun driving around two unpredictable brakes. I think they've got it right this time.

Gina's birthday is this coming Tuesday - July 29. We've got a cluster party (gathering of multiple birthday celebrations) to attend this weekend as well. There are no surprises this year for either of our birthdays. Gina wanted a floor lamp she saw at Cracker Barrel, three sets of flatware that were on sale at Belks a few weeks ago, and a particular bracelet.

3 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

B'day grats to Gina.
Hope she has a wonderful b-day.
mb

RODRIGUEZ said...

What would Mr. Finlayson like for his birthday coming up soon?

David Finlayson said...

I don't know Jose' - you already bought me lunch last week.