Thursday, July 10, 2008

1990

The back of these photos say 1990. So that makes them among the last photographs taken of Dad. He died in July of 1990. Mother said that this picture was taken at her sister Millie Barina's home during a Davidson family reunion. The actual time of year isn't that clear but most of the women in this picture are dressed for warm weather. Mother said that Dad wasn't feeling well during that time. Who knew. I was wondering if this was the last picture of Westbrook taken but she said there was another one that she didn't have - and would like to have. Mother said she believed it was taken on the porch of Dad, Charity, and Emily. If anyone has that picture - how about digging it up and making Mom a copy.

But that's not why I posted the above images today. In these photographs, both Florrie Noojin and Irene Elrod are sharing a comfy chair together. Sara is still just a little thing, she sitting on Florrie's lap. Maybe it's because the hair styles between the two are similar and both wearing white blouses - but here - Irene and Florrie look very much alike. Why they look like they could very well be sisters...well...er...they are.

This is the photograph that I ran across the other day Florrie - as per your request. It sure doesn't seem that long ago. Everyone sure looks less grayer than we are today. There are some hairs missing from this photo - Don & Jennie Rakestraw family, who live out of town.

Gina and I married September of 1990. We immediately packed up and moved to Bowling Green, KY. That year was a very hard year due to my father's death and the move. I will say though that after the mourning - Gina and I awoke to a wonderful time together in Western Kentucky. The following year - 1991 - was indeed a great year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you poat this on July 10th.
July 10th is the very day of Daddy's death 18 years ago.
He does look good in the photo.. doesn't he? Not so sure about my hair, but at least I still have some. Look how little Sara is. Just think... she'll be heading for Tuscaloosa tomorrow for her Orientaion.Well, I probably spelt that wrong, but you know what I mean. Find a better picture!! Please!! Florrie

David Finlayson said...

I didn't think of it - that it was July 10th when he died.

Yes, I thought of how little Sara was then back then and now she's a college girl.