Tuesday, June 10, 2008

trampoline from hell

Gina took off work today to help me clean the house a little as well as erect Katie's birthday present - a trampoline. It was a terrible project. I hope it stays together.

Gina had asked her mother to mind the office today, primarily mind the phones. About thirty minutes ago, while Gina was climbing down from helping me put up the net, she decided to call her mother to see how she was doing. She also decided to put on her shoes while talking to her mother, while balancing on the edge of the trampoline. Bad idea.

I was on the other side, outside of the trampoline balancing on a ladder and my attention was on wrapping some bungee cords around some cheap looking straps supplied by the manufacturer. Any how, I heard a bad noise, Gina had fallen while multitasking on the edge of the trampoline. For a minute there I thought I was going to have to have an ambulance come for her. She lay there all dirty and still - making terrible dying noises. She asked me to see if there was any blood and all I saw was dirt and tears. If I touched her or prodded a little - she would whale in pain. I should have used a stick instead.

Katie and Kelsey stood around looking down helplessly. I stood there helplessly as well. I asked her if she wanted an ambulance and she said no. She just made awful noises for about fifteen to twenty minutes. After about five minutes the girls asked if they could jump on the trampoline. I guess if their mother had died there, they would have found some solace in the trampoline. After about five more minutes Gina quit making the awful dying noises and then sat up. The girls asked mommy if she would like to jump on the trampoline. Mommy declined. I came in to cool off and get away from the trampoline from hell. I am still a little unnerved by the incident.

No comments: