Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Keith Moon

I've listened to The Who most of my life. Brook was the one that brought all their LP's into the house and played them on a cheap stereo we had hidden behind the livingroom sofe. I listened to The Who because that's what Brook listened to all the time. I became a fan because I had been saturated time after time, lost in that vast sound that four piece band made...and the songs!

Each member of this band brought their own genius into the mix. The Who lost their drummer Keith Moon to drugs. I have listened to THE WHO for well over thirty years but the more I watch them play - I am blown away by their stage presence and the way in which each handled their instrument. Keith is down right fun to watch play. The guy was phenominal and so into each moment. If you've got time, call up some Who performances and watch them as they play. It a pleasure just watching them play. I found this YouTube clip of Pete, John @ Roger talking about their old friend Keith. If you happen to be a fan of The Who - you might enjoy the next couple of minutes.

No comments: