Thursday, May 22, 2008

grace is free

I led worship at Grace tonight (Vineyard Gadsden). Richard Moon heads up the recovery meeting there on Thursday nights. It was a good night to be down there. I don't know if I really lead worship, rather sing to God and sing material that I feel led to sing. Tonight was a very free night. Usually when I go, the crowd is very quiet and distant. Most of them go because they need or in most cases have to go. I hope that tonight, those that had to go, will be more inclined to return. Tonight seemed warmer. I don't know why, but I was kind of not wanting to go to Grace through out the day. I told Gina earlier in the afternoon that I knew I would enjoy going afterwards - but I felt reluctant. Once there, my energy and focus went full tilt. Strange how these things unfold. I know God uses our small offerings in deeper ways. I know that something eternal happened tonight. All we can do is deliver the package, cast the seed and leave the rest to God.

I've been at the office a good bit. Most of my days are at the office. It is 9:33 pm and I am back at the office. Not working mind you, but rather stealing a little time for myself. Gina took the girls home and I headed to Grace around 6:30. We spend so much time at the office that I haven't been that fair to Kelsey (5). I decided to start taking her for walks when my mother comes in to work. Kelsey held my hand as we walked around Downtown Gadsden. We talked and talked and she asked dozens of questions. She's a smart and sweet little girl and I have enjoyed this time. She starts kindergarten in the Fall, a new phase in her life and mine. I enjoyed the walk yesterday and enjoyed our time at the playground together. She isn't idle. She loves to move around, do things, create things and laugh.

I need to go home now, maybe pick up some dinner for myself on the way. I will arrive to a sleeping household, peer in on sleeping angelic faces, go to bed to wake to Friday. I look forward to it. I look forward to another walk with Kelsey, feel her small hand in mine, maybe answer some more small questions. I am a giant in her little world. She talks about me to people, as if I am some epic figure who walks this earth - someone whom she is very proud of. I know that that won't last forever, but I bask in both of my daughter's adoration. I adore them as well. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Greene Street Letters said...

You are a great Dad....
hats off to you D.F.

mb