Sunday, May 18, 2008

crazy fast week in review

1. Received a washer and dryer for the clinic from my niece Foster on Sunday. We've needed a washer and dryer for all the linen we have to wash each day. We had no outlet to install it - Jose said he'd come by later in the week and set us up.
2. I registered for two on-line courses at GSCC (Therapeutic Massage) on Thursday.

3. Lost medical documentation that I got from Dr. Rowe. Still can't find it. Have to get GSCC to send me another form - get Clay to fill it out again. Darn it!

4. The Mazda MPV conked out on Meighan Blvd around noon on Thursday. Had it towed to my beloved mechanic. It's still in the shop. I don't know what's wrong - it was running fine.

5. Gina and I are running on one vehicle again - major hassle for a family that has to be at different places at different times.

6. Got DSL for home :) , Now people can call while I am online. Needed something better than dial-up for the GSCC courses.

7. Jose' came over to the office Friday and worked on hooking up the washer and dryer. The office did'nt have service for the units. He spent most of the day in that corner and should be back to finish things up Monday. It will be nice to not have to take all those sheets and towels home every night. A real time saver.

8. Jerry came by the office for a few hours on Friday. It was a busy office but it was nice to see him.

9. Friday night we went to Aroma where my brother Brooky, friends Michael Bynum, Debbie Handy, and Wayne Wimpee led worship for Aroma (th3rd friday's at The Coffee Vine Cafe'). They did a great job. Got to sit down and have a conversation with old friends Richard Moon and David Creel. It was a pleasant evening.

10. I played and taught at Children's Chapel at Westbrook Christian Friday morning. I have never-ever-never received such a wonderful response from a crowd. I took Katie with me. She got to see some of her old classmates from her K3-K5 days. Irene also gave her the wireless mic and let her introduce me before the multitude. Katie was bubbling with excitement and proud of her daddy. She is not half as proud as I am of her. I met one of my old Emma Sansom School teachers at Westbrook that morning, Ms. Hawk - now Mrs. Christopher. All those years and she had changed so little. Irene said that she had been with Westbrook for two years.
11. Emma Sansom Reunion (30+1) was on Saturday 17th but I had decided not to go weeks prior. A little curious and regretted it a little but would not have missed the Foster Graduation Party for the world. Besides, I got to sleep real late Saturday.

12. Saturday was the most relaxing day I've had in a long time. We went to Brooky & Jennifer's house to meet up with the Finlayson Clan. (Elrods, Woods, Noojins too!) . Emily Foster Rakestraw (one of Don & Jennie's kids) achieved a Masters a few weeks ago. Don and Jennie are in China and could not attend her graduation. The family state-side decided to have a celebration for Foster. We all enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The pool area is a work of art, cascading waterfall and landscaping around the area. Beautiful. Chris Wood grilled the burgers and dogs and we all brought something to the table. It was ALL GOOD! I wish everyday were like this Saturday. After we ate, I fired up some wood in the fire-pit and played guitar while watching everyone enjoying themselves in the pool area. Robby came and sat next to me and he sang along as I played some standards. It was all so pleasant - so relaxing. Again, I wish everyday were like this Saturday. Foster looked over to me after we ate and said several times how much she loved her family - I do too - I am so very blessed. I love you all so very much!

No comments: