Monday, May 5, 2008

ye olde cheraw baseball ticket

B. Finlayson is my grandfather Burruss Finlayson. I need to ask Jennie Llew if she can identify the H.A. Finlayson listed here on this ticket. I posted an old article from the Cheraw paper back in January. Dad loved to watch baseball, his favorite team was the Atlanta Braves. You have to really love that team to be willing to brave Atlanta traffic to see a game...what a hassle.

I remember when I was but a wee tater-tot, Dad getting all his kids outside for Sunday games. He liked to bat and would get a young one to run for him. I don't think he would've gotten that far on crutches. I guess dad got his love for baseball from his dad. I didn't. I liked playing as a kid - but have never enjoyed sitting down and watching sports on the television.I never watch sports of any kind. I've got all these ESPN channels that I don't know what to do with.

No comments: