Sunday, November 11, 2007

eleventy-eleven

Today is November 11, 2007...11/11/07. The girls spent Saturday night with their grandfather. Gina and I got to sleep late. I woke up and made a big breakfast for the two of us. I ventured back to our bedroom afterward and glanced at the clock. Yep, it read 11:11. It's become a common occurrence in my life. So much in fact that I know to just keep an eye out and try to be sensitive to the spiritual. Eleven to me means Revelation or eleventh hour. I believe the numbers mean double revelation, to be on watch.

Nothing much happened today and nothing much revealed. Still though, I am going to keep my eyes open this week. I am not a follower of numerology but do believe that God uses different means to converse with us individually. Seeing 11:11 has become more of a tap on the shoulder, a spiritual heads up.

This 11:11 thing has been going on with me for the past five years or so. There was one point where I was seeing the number everywhere. It was during a time of hard change and much personal revelation in my life. Jose' told me at the time that he was seeing 11:11 everywhere too and told me that it was in fact a phenomenon going on. I believe it to be a God thing but that in the secular world, people don't know what to take of it. You can find a lot of mystics out there on the web giving their voodoo spin to it. I don't have answers mind you, I just take it as God wanting to wake up and smell the revelation. Today being the eleventh day of the eleventh month has made me kind of sensitive through out the day.

I didn't leave the house. I took this Sunday to rest from all the work that took place during the previous week. I was tired, sore and achy. Did I miss anything out in the world today while I was resting? Who knows. After breakfast I talked with Gina for a little while and then went back to bed and slept for hours on end. It wasn't a nap. It was a deep long sleep. My body needed it. I woke up as Gina came back home with Katie and Kelsey. I felt so refreshed.

I hope you all had a great day today. Enjoyed the fellowship, worship, or just stayed home to heal a little.
Oh-by the way, is the 11:11 thing happening to you too?

5 comments:

RODRIGUEZ said...

it's almost mundane......still see it all the time.....don't know what to do with it.

David Finlayson said...

mundate...yep...same here.

RODRIGUEZ said...

you know....we could always go 'para-abnormal' and join the flying saucer group...wear aluminum foil head gear....sport 11:11 T-shirts......overboard.... you know.

Anonymous said...

11:11
3:11
4:11
9:11
9/11

David Finlayson said...

Every time I wear my aluminum foil helmet I get zapped by lightening. However I do seem to get better reception on my AM transistor.