Tuesday, October 30, 2007

i miss my friends

Not long after Gina and I got married and moved to Bowling Green KY, we made Fountain Square Free Methodist our home church. It was during that time that we met Donnie & Cheri Obermiller. Donnie told me of a house for sale up on Robinhood Trail - just a few houses down from where they lived. We shared birthdays, meals, and walks together. During those few years we were neighbors, we became dear friends.

Gina and I don't get to see them much these days and we miss them. It would be nice to take off one weekend with the kids and visit. The last time we drove out to Germantown to see them, Katie was just a little thing and Kelsey wasn't around. It would be nice to see them again, get the coffee going, and catch up on life.

Anyway, I am thinking about my old neighbors. I miss the Obermillers.

4 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

memories....
what a gift from God.
You have a lot of good ones.
Be blessed today...
mb

Anonymous said...

What about your old neighbor, Brian Freeman?

PP and I sat with him and his mom at Bellevue Baptist's version of Hee Haw, last Sunday evening.

He spoke fondly of you and the family. I did, too.

David Finlayson said...

I bump into Brian from time to time. He's a funny fellow and I don't see him often enough. I bumped into him a few weeks ago at Ryan's Restaurant.

Anonymous said...

When your hungry (I'm not talking spiritual hunger, potential responders) what do you do? Me, I look in the fridge.

Seems like we should all visit, here or there, or somewhere.