Friday, August 24, 2007

tonight tonight

I don't know why I have been anticipating tonight's venture more so than others. I've sung to a lot of crowds down through the years. Maybe it's because I haven't played a secular venue since Jose' and I played the The Courtyard venue four years back. I enjoy playing inside and outside of church walls.

I have songs that one can't play in church, love songs and the like. Throughout the eighties I had a coffeehouse in which I could play all my stuff. Michael and I as Dreamer used to play a mix of loves songs and Jesus music. I never had a problem with it because all my Jesus music songs are love songs. Back in my late teens and early twenties I had this idea of putting together an album entitled Praise & Other Love Songs. I never did...maybe one day.
If in fact Love is God, then do we not limit the meaning of the word love by defining it as a mere verb. If God is Love...isn't this agape love a noun? Love isn't something you take lightly, a mere feeling that one falls in and out of. Love is a great deal more serious than that. Our God infused love is how we are witness to the world. Our love is how we emit God to the world around us. Our love to others is His aroma. This God love isn't fickle.

But I digress....tonight I'm carrying my guitar and songbook to a quaint coffeehouse and sing songs I've written down through the years...some praise and other love songs. I hope you all can make it.



No comments: