Wednesday, August 8, 2007

summer


Can you believe our old Caravan has been in the shop (five different shops) ALL summer long? The Finlayson family has been running off one car for three months. We've poured all our money into the business that we simply can't buy another car...even a used one. All our money is going elsewhere. The upside is that we've all been together this summer. We pack the kids in the only van we have and drive and stay at the office all day together. The kids have been real good about it, finding activities to do and for the most part behaving while patients are in the next room.


Gina likes having the kids around. Being a home health therapist before we started our business, Gina didn't get to spend as much time seeing her kids. She's been able to spend time with Katie and Kelsey between patients.

Katie is in the upcoming local production of Disney's High School Musical. That means most nights we're dropping her off at the old Ritz theatre to rehearse between the hours of 5:00 and 8:00 pm. Having only one means of transportation, living in Southside, working in Gadsden means that Gina, Kelsey and myself stay at the office until it's time to pick up Katie. We usually get home around 9:00 every weekday night. The girls bathe and go straight to bed.

School for Katie starts tomorrow. I am concerned that going to school and being in a play might be too much for her. She's committed herself and there is no turning back until the curtains close. I'll be picking her up from school, get her homework done, feed her, and then run her over to the Ritz. She's having a blast pretending to be a singing dancing high school student.
Speaking of shows...I'll be singing at The Coffee Vine Cafe at the Rainbow Plaza on August 24th. The place is located the corner where MiCasita's used to be (next to the new Fuzzy Duck). The owner did a wonderful job transforming the place into a beautiful coffeehouse & deli. I'll be starting around 7:00 p.m. that Friday night. Consider yourself invited because I'd love to have all my friends there that evening.

4 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

I forgot how "busy" children can be. Not that it's a bad thing, it's not. I would like to encourage you that it gets better as they grow olderd...but it doesn't. They get even busier except that they have their drivers license and you get to sit home wondering if they have had a wreck or the car has broken down...Ahhhhh! Parenthood. David...you and Gina are wonderful parents. Far better than I eve was....I mean that. I love watching your family together. Lot's of love there! You may only have one car.....you may know have enough money.....you may always be tired....but you are rich beyond your wildest dreams...You have family!

mb

Greene Street Letters said...

oldered? Huked on Phonix wurked fur me!

mb

Greene Street Letters said...

Eve? I meant ever.
My brain works quicker than my fingers....Slow down, Mike! T---y---p---e slower.
mb

David Finlayson said...

lol