Friday, June 22, 2007

darn van

Well, Gina's Caravan has been in various repair shops around town for over a month. We've been working on one car during all is time. It's gotten to a place where we've thrown too much money into that van...good money after bad. I don't know how we are going to get another car at this point but we are just going to have to find a way to do it. It still runs but everything else is a problem. Time for a new set of wheels. Gina loves her old '96 Grand Caravan and I guess we'll start looking for a newer version of the same.

I haven't been able to get my car fixed after the accident because it's been the only one with A/C. I guess we'll have to wait till we get another new/used car first. I took the family to Chattanooga for a few days last weekend. It was our cheapo vacation. While driving up I-59, I kept hearing this loud thumping noise. I looked in my side view mirror and saw a huge portion of the plastic cover of my bumper flapping like a wing. It was pathetic. I stopped at the Fort Payne K-Mart and bought two bungie cords and some clear automotive duct tape. After a little rigging, I got the bumper to where it wouldn't flop around in the breeze. It's still holding but looks like crap.

Crazy days.

Brook and I got together last night at Maters for dinner and a conversation. We covered the world but time flew to fast. I went home and washed more sheets and then a load of Gina's work clothes. Again, I nodded off between loads until I could finally go to bed. Such are my days these days.

I am tired and ready for tomorrow. I hope I can do nothing and simply stay off my feet. I'll be heading to Griffin, GA Sunday to hook up with my brother inlaw Don Rakestraw and my mom. I'll be bringing her back home from her trip to Washington DC. I am sure she's having a great time up there with Jennie (my sister).

It's been 11 years since my visit up there. I'd really like to see the WWII memorial. Better yet and a little closer, I'd like to see the WWII museum down in New Orleans. Michael, I'd love it if you, Brook, Jose' and I could drive down there for a weekend and see it. We'd have plenty of time for a a cup of dark roasted chicory coffee and a dish of hot beneights from Cafe' du Monde. Maybe we'd have enough room to each take along a guitar and play. Now that's a vacation.

2 comments:

EMALMADA said...

Hello from Portugal
Have a nice day

David Finlayson said...

Thank you. You have a nice day too!