Saturday, May 19, 2007

last night

Gina's mom joined us last night for the trip to the drive-in. She carried along pot roast she barbecued and some hamburger buns. That was a first. We got to Sand Mountain early and got a good spot up front. As we were setting up, Jimmy Henderson pulled up with his station-wagon full of family. He's got a station-wagon with a rear facing seat which made it ideal for going to the drive-in. Jose' pulled up next to us after a few minutes with Denise and Carolina. Gina spotted Annette Cassidy, a bookkeeper that works for HH&S who comes in and helps us when we need her. She came with her daughter and four year old grand-daughter Katlyn.

I made a huge load of popcorn and a cooler full of soft drinks. Kelsey, Katlyn, and Carolina had a great time together. They cuddled under a blanket that we sprawled on the ground and they were laughing and giggling together at all the funny scenes. It was a very sweet sound. I am glad that Gina ask that I bring blankets. I didn't think it was going to be as chilly as it got last night. Jose' and I were wearing short sleeved shirts. In spite of the very cool evening, we all had a great time under the stars.

SHREK III is a two thumbs up! The second feature, FIREHOUSE DOG, wasn't my cup of tea but the kids LOVED it. It was a good family line up last night. My big complaint about drive-in theater management is that they are generally not too good at what movies they show together. Once we left after the first showing of RUG RATS MOVIE because the second feature was HOLLYWOOD HOMICIDE. The language was terrible and we had to pack up quick for our kids sake. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had shown SHREK III with GRINDHOUSE! That's one reason I don't take my family as much as I'd like. I watch out for the double features that the entire family can watch together.

1 comment:

Darryl said...

Sounds like a good time, David. No drive-ins around here -- I do miss the one in Franklin, KY.

I remember going to see the first Star Wars at the drive-in theater in 1977 -- what an awesome experience!

Glad you guys could enjoy a night at the movies!