Thursday, May 17, 2007

door saga continues

Gina's needed her van this week so we haven't tried taking it anywhere for repair. She's still climbing in through the passenger side to get in. Last night she came in and told me that she accidentalyl exited the car via driver's side and couldn't get it closed. I dropped my taco and went outside with hopes to close it. I looked at the unhinged hinged and thought I might be able to find a bolt or something that could make for a temporary fix. I couldn't find the original pin so I improvised. I had an old door hinge (regular house door hinge pin) and stuck it in the car door hinge holes. I don't know how long that's going to work but it was long enough and seemed to hold things together for the moment. We'll see how long it lasts. Gina can at lease enter and exit her car with dignity.

2 comments:

debbie said...

Hey, Dave. I found you! Got caught up on life in Fintown. Hope Gina is feeling better. Hey, if it's typing, filing, etc., I'm great at that. I probably owe her that after dragging her all over the country with me when I was travelling and singing and such waaaaaaaay back when. I would absolutely love to do this for her - FREEEEEEEEEE! Sort of a way of blessing her as she blessed me, paying it forward. I love y'all!

David Finlayson said...

Gina seems to be doing much better. She had been dragging around for days until yesterday. Thanks again for the prayers. Do continue to pray that she'll be able to catch up and stay on top of all the required documentation.

I'll mention your sweet offer to Gina. Most of her paperwork is documentaton that only she can do. Eventually we will purchase software ($$$$$$) that should help speed things up.

As for Gina helping you...the pleasure was all hers. She talks about those times "touring" with you often and the experiences are fond memories to her. We both think the world of you!!!!!!!