Sunday, May 27, 2007

and now for something completely different

Years ago my old friend Michael Bynum used to invite me to his house to watch movies. These were wonderful nights because Michael has an unusual collection of music and videos. He put a lot of thought into what he'd show for his guest. He might start one evening by playing some hard to find music from his LP collection like Michael Nesmith or Procol Harum. Then we might watch a WWII era Max Fletcher Superman cartoon. Afterwards he'd pop in a Twilight Zone episode then show a movie. Sometimes we'd play a little guitar in between and share new songs with each other. He'd show me movies that he really liked or movies so bad that they were funny. It was Michael that showed me my first episode of Mystery Science Theatre 3000. It was The Amazing Colossal Man episode and it was one of the last times I was over at his house...maybe it was because I spewed coffee across his living room. I am so sorry Michael. Don't feed me while showing me really funny stuff.
Anyway...Michael has started a new blog this weekend and you can see it at http://www.mikesbmovies.blogspot.com/ Do go and have a look and feel free to join in. This is going to be fun. I promise not to drink beverages while visiting your site Michael.

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

You amaze me!
How did you do the "thingy" with the Plan 9 poster? You have got to show me that.....

What would you say about having an evening (maybe at the Vineyard) of bad movies. Kind of a film festival. Food, movies, witty banter and all the trimings?
Let's do it...what do you say....

let me know...
michael b

David Finlayson said...

Yes...lets!