Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday pm

i am not a preacher
never been one
so i rarely share sermonettes
words of wisdom in my blogspot
it would be nice to teach
but i never was the best student
i just live
listen
walk
try to be obedient
amid my short comings and faithlessness
learning by bumping and bruising
so i'll write about what ever
show you the bruises

my brother in-law once told me some twenty years ago
that my songs were too naked
that i expose stuff that he wouldn't
i've always been that way
maybe i've left myself open by doing so
i have been called transparent
but i know that's not true
i'd like to be more
but there are places that i won't go here
that only God knows
issues that only He knows how to answer
wounds that only He can heal
words that only He can say
never the less
i am not as transparent

so here
in this strange place
i'll write about strange or familiar thought and struggles
on my heart and mind
among you who visit here
sometimes i'll be clear
sometimes cloudy
i always appreciate your kind response
not expecting answers mind you
just sharing the journey with you

this is about as open as i can be right now
forgive the mess
God's doing some cleaning

2 comments:

Greene Street Letters said...

I can't...
He can...
Simple...
Maybe that is how it's suppose to be.

Love those who can
Love those who can't...but let them go discover they can't and then accept them back when they are all skint up and hurt.

Don't let anyone slide on anything relating to God (myself included) and continue to question why you believe the way you do.

There you go...compadre'
I love your heart...
mb

David Finlayson said...

thanks michael
i love your heart too