Tuesday, April 3, 2007

no apology

i remember running into an old church brother
years ago
we met on the college campus where he taught
we shook hands
and i felt a terrible distance
i didn't like it
leaving the fellowship seemed as if
there was a divorce of some depth
a strain on the conversation
maybe in heaven that will bond will be renewed
i don't like leaving places for such reasons
i hope it's not the same this time
i see the good
the bad
and i am sure they've seen both sides of my heart
i wrote yesterday what had been rolling in my mind for years
and when the break was made
my mind seemed fixed on that constant thought
leaving looking hoping to find home
amid places that are a strange land to me

probably the easiest answer i hear in my ear
is go
go somewhere and serve
go somewhere and love
don't look around much
just look for the individual
and ignore the ways of man
look to love
the way I made you
the way I have always loved you
sing your songs without apology
sing to me
and let me give you the words
like the words I gave Jeramiah
give when i say give
and pray always
worship with your life
and you'll have all you need

so

i love you
i love each of you
i am blessed that God placed me amid you
for a time
for so long

it's time to live more
and die again
to my comfort
to my self

there's always more to die to

so it will probably be in heaven
and the Temple He builds will be perfect
the way it should be
and all man will bow down
lay down
and learn what is his way
experience eternal worship
in the imediate presence of our Lord

let it all burn
that day
all we ever needed is you

No comments: