Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Holy Flicks Batman!

So many films about the life of Jesus. So many not so memorable. As a baby boomer, I watched all the DeMill-ish religious films growing up. So many were stiff and over-acted. There were some that are absolutely fantastic. Here are my three all time favorites.

1) Gospel Road (1973) This film was made by Johnny and June Cash back in 1973. Johnny said that this was the highlight of his entire career. This is now available on DVD if you're interested. Johnny and June made this movie for 500,000. out of their own pocket. At the time it was the first movie about Jesus made entirely in Israel.

2) Jesus of Nazareth (1977) This was mini-series with an all star cast. One of my favorite moments was Ernest Borgnine as the Roman Centurian.


3) The Passion of The Christ (2004) by Mel Gibson. I only watched this movie once, when it came out. I don't know if I will see it again any time soon. This isn't because it's a bad movie but because it is so painful to watch.

1 comment:

debbie said...

Hey, friend. I had a little time today and was able to catch up on your blogs. Just wanted to let you know. Tell Gina and the girls I said hello. I love you guys.

Debbie