Wednesday, March 21, 2007

more about Emory

I've had a lot of comment about Emory since I made the last post। My mother told me the story how Emory got the speeding ticket after coming home from Camp Bethlehem। I didn't recall ever hearing the story until this week

Bonifay is about a six hour drive from Gadsden, Alabama। So Emory drops my sister off at our house on Scenic Highway and then immediately goes to twelve of his friends houses and knocks on their doors to tell them the good news। I don't know about the other four people but the eight guys in Emory's band accepted Jesus that day। Emory was so excited that he sped back up Noccalula Mountain to tell the Finlayson household what had just transpired। Emory was pulled over on the way to our house and given a ticket for speeding।

Don't you know that all the angels in heaven rejoiced along with Emory...that is except for one Gadsden City Police officer.

No comments: